Wednesday, November 5, 2008

VT in England

This past weekend I went to the Lake District with five friends and what I found made me so happy. it was Vermont...except not. We went to Lake Windermere. It is a common tourist attraction with many cute market towns to see. My friends and I rented a little cottage for the weekend and greatly enjoyed ourselves with lovely Halloween party spent in front of a fireplace and laughter. The next couple days consisted of viewing the lake towns near by, we went to Keswick where we viewed all the markets that were displayed on the street. One thing I really enjoyed was that there were dogs everywhere. However, they aren't very friendly. Alas, it was fun to be around them anyway. Our first day ended with a gorgeous view of one of the lakes over looking the mountains. Our second day there was my friend Anna's birthday so we had a morning party with presents and scones. it was delightful. We then drove in the car and went to Coniston which is another near by town, and we proceeded to go on a hike up a small mountain walk, which ended in the most amazing sight of the mountains. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to finish this post when I figure out my computer its broken. hope everyone had a fun weekend and GO OBAMA!!!! woooooooooo.
Love

No comments: