Monday, December 15, 2008

Last Week in Manchy Manch!

Its been a while since I've written and I apologize for that. As many of you know my current chapter of traveling world is coming to a close. I leave in an exact week. Last weekend I went on my last weekend out of town and went back to London to visit my friend Tori once more and also go visit Oxford. Which reminded me a lot of Middlebury, which was a surprisingly nice change from the many cities. It made me really excited to go home.
Before I left so many people said that three months wouldn't be long enough over here, saying that I'd feel like I just got settled in with friends and all and then I'd have to leave. This statement has come back to me quite a lot recently. Because that's exactly how I feel. As excited as I am to go home and see all my animals and family and friends, I'm really sad to leave the people that have become part of my life. What's most terrifying is that I have no idea when I'll see them again. Yeah you say you'll keep in touch and you will for maybe a month and then your old life kicks in. About a month ago I couldn't wait to go home. Now I have very mixed feelings, I think its because I've traveled with these people for the past three months, or a couple people I just met and I want to keep getting to know them, but alas all good things must come to end.
To make things even worse, something seemed to have happened to my ENTIRE photography portfolio that I worked so hard to put together. So my second to last weekend before going home has been a scurry of searching and thinking positive thoughts, which is hard when I'm also getting yelled by one of my two roommates for things I did not do. But I have decided to not give up on my portfolio and just make the best of my last week. I plan on doing this by doing as many fun things as I can, and seeing as many people as possible especially the ones I will miss greatly. One thing I can't to do is go skating with my small group of close friends as a last adventure. It will be interesting saying that I think only three of us know how to skate. But I don't care it will be amazing to get on the ice after a year and half of not being able to skate.
I do hope everyone who is reading this well and I can't wait to see you all next week. love.

No comments: