Monday, December 1, 2008

Lone Traveler....

Hello All,
I got back today from a five day trip to London and Paris to see friends from dear old Vermont of all places. However, first off, I successfully cooked a Thanksgiving feast for my friends who don't live in the states!!! this was amazing saying that it is rare that I cook. Mom sent me verrry specific email on how to prepare the turkey. Instead of turkey i did Chicken because my oven is super small. But I did what the instructions said, including homemade stuffing. It turned out amazing. My friends showed up at 7ish, bringing salad, scalloped potatoes, homemade ice cream sandwiches and apple pie, and of course tons of wine (that seems to be a pattern of ours). We were all happily full of homemade food. It was a great send off to my travels alone to London and then Paris.
I got up early the next day to get an early bus to London where It took me and my friend Tori and hour to find each other because there are apparently two Victoria's Stations. Ugh. However, it all worked out and we then went back to her house to drop off all my luggage. We then went and got Indian food and found really cheap Pashmina's wooooo. Where we both bought more scarves then we needed :) From there we went to Leister Square where we sat in line at a comedy show to get cheap tickets where we then met up with Harry and watched the most amazing comedy show i've ever seen. I laughed myself silly with good friends. it was one of my favorite nights while traveling so far. What was also really exciting was that one of the actors of the show was a starter of the whole comedy store and we got to see him act and his name is Neil Mullarkey. We got the amazing opprotunity to meet him after thanks to harry. He was really nice and we talked and took pictures with him for a good five minutes. it was really cool.
The next day I took the train to Paris!!!! However, I will tell you that epic tale tomorrow! For now I must sleep!!! goodnight all. xoxox

No comments: