Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Freshers Week!

It's the first week before classes really begin. We have a sort of intro to what to expect for the year and enroll officially. This week is also "homecoming" but not like that in the states. This week is called Freshers week, where there is a different party every single night. Its crazy and everyone ends up sick at the end because they went out so much. But its fun, the drinks are half off, and you and dance the night away and then go hung over to your classes. I went out once with my other old roomies Sasha and Gabriel and we went dancing. The music was not hip hop but techno and then tunes that came out in the U.S. like three years ago. Kind of odd to be dancing to a song that reminds me of high school.


I found a new home as well. It is a bit further then my other place and with not so fun roomies. But the condition of the house is much nicer and its close to stores, so that's ok with me. I will hopefully keep in touch with the boys.

I have been moved up to second year in the Photography school, which is nice because its it would have been the same thing, this is how you use your camera, this is how you use the darkroom, ect. The second years have a lot of freedom and they basically give you an assignment and you go and do it, and then we get together and discuss our ideas. The facilities are amazing, there's like a wet darkroom, a developing room, a color dark room. A store where you can rent anything, digital camera's, lights, tripods, for a week at a time. there's both a pc and mac computer lab. Each of these groups also have a tech support staff to help you with anything. I think I had my mouth open the whole time I was being shown all of this.

Pictures will be up tomorrow! I hope everyone whose reading this is doing well.

love.

No comments: