Friday, October 3, 2008

The British System!

The British academic layout is so different from the U.S. Yesterday I went to meet with my Tutor (prof.) about a number of projects he assigned...(kill me now) and he asked me if I was going to come for drinks at 2! I said sure? but didn't know what to expect saying that the last time the class met for drinks we were at a pub. I went to the classroom at 2 and was greeted by two tables full of beer. It was the weirdest thing. We proceeded to mingle and have a few drinks and take advantage of the free food.

The work load is mounting in my classes. What with the huge competition, which I'm freaking out about because I these great ideas, and then when I try to get it to work it doesn't. I'm using the past year as my sequence of photos, trying to include the big ordeals in my life, how I felt personally, as well as including the people that helped through that hard time. I just passed the year anniversary of me tearing my ACL. kind of crazy. We were also asked to show HOW TO... using a camera, and then building off of it. It's hard because the tutor wants it to be super boring. I chose to do how to swing on a swing. I haven't figured out if its working yet.

This past week I played football with the true footballers. When asked if it was ok that i had cleats i got blank stares looking back at me. "what are cleats?" i pulled out my shoes and they said "oh you mean boots" i was like sure. they loved hearing the different words we used in the U.S. After playing around for a couple of hours, I was told that i had to come on Wednesday for drinking games. That was insane. I'm going to spare you all the details, because it was unbelievable. Nothing happened to me, thankfully. After that we went to this huge club called Varsity! where we all danced the night away, at one point getting hold of a traffic cone. This among other things happened.

Tomorrow I head to Wales for the day! I'm really excited to keep traveling. Also because I barrowed a digital camera from the school, and its amazing. On sunday i am going to my dear friend Kathryn's house to have dinner, watch movies and steal her internet. Happy Birthday to my Brother Wesley. Hope everyone is doing well! i miss and love you all.

No comments: